1. White tees
2. You win a hole by completing it in the fewest number of strokes, and you win a match when you are winning by more holes than remain to be played.
3. Play the ball down, NO preferred lies
4. For lost balls, play everything as a lateral hazard. In collaboration with your opponent decide where the ball entered the lost area and take two club lengths from location incurring a one stroke penalty from that point forward.
5. You (or your opponent) may concede a stroke, a hole, or even the match to each other.
6. If you are unsure how to proceed, you and your opponent can agree on a course of action even if it is against the Rules, but you are not allowed to mutually agree to ignore a Rule or penalty. If you and your opponent don’t agree on how to proceed, you should do what you think is correct.
7. Your opponent can then make a request for a ruling, which will later be decided by the Committee.
8. Putting out or reattempting a putt after a hole is complete is allowed
9. Both players must sign scorecard before the submission of match results
10. RECOMMENDED to play match alongside other match play participants. NOT mandatory.
Cost: $20 to enter match play event (Fee must be paid to pro shop before first match is played)
General Info: The match play draw will be randomly selected. This will be done on May 18th @ 7:00pm at Osprey Ridge. Players are invited to attend the event. All players are guaranteed a minimum of 2 matches
Spots Available: 2 Finalists will qualify for the Robinson Cup team
Spot(s) Stipulation: If one of the finalists has already qualified or opts out of qualifying after the fact, the two losing semifinalists of the overall bracket will playoff in an 18 hole match for the second spot
Tied Matches: In the case players complete 18 holes still all square, players are expected to play additional holes ina sudden death format to decide the match.
Professional Golf instruction is available all year round from PGA of Canada Coach, Andrew Noseworthy.
Indoor instruction is offered at the Modern Golf Studio in Dartmouth during the off season. Andrew will be at Osprey Ridge in season conducting lessons and clinics for all ages and skill levels. As well, custom fitting for new clubs is available with all the top brands.
Contact Andrew directly to book your appointment at 902-449-4361 or [email protected].
Gentlemen (of all ages)
Appropriate golf slacks or shorts which must be no more than six inches above the knee. Collared shirts are preferred; NO T-Shirts are permitted. All shirts must be tucked in at all times with the exception of shirts having a straight-cut, finished hem and a full-buttoned front.
Appropriate footwear for golf must be worn on the golf course. A soft spikes only policy is in effect.
Ladies (of all ages)
Appropriate tailored golf slacks, culottes, skirts, dresses, skorts and shorts, which must be a maximum of eight inches above the knee.
All tops must have either collars or sleeves. Ladies may wear a mock style collar and a sleeveless shirt. Designer shirts may be worn untucked; however, bare midriffs are not acceptable. Tank tops are not permitted.